Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Patty's day

To me, this is one of the best holiday's ever created.  Not sure what you are officially supposed to do on this day, but it doesn't matter cause  no one else does either....

So unofficially this day goes like this for me;
Feed the kids a green breakfast.  Green pancakes, or this year a new addition...not a new idea...green eggs, bagels with green cream cheese and green milk.  So SILLY.  Paraguay thought her breakfast was photo worthy....Look out FB.  Hope her mom doesn't freak.
In their lunches they will find green cookies and green chips.... Paraguay will also have green cream cheese on her sammy...ha....   They were also blessed with my art work..... I attempted to draw shamrocks on their lunch bags (I hope it doesn't look like something obscene)....
Tonight, Corned beef and cabbage with green BEER.. NOT for the kids, duh.  Me me me.  I love beer...love love love beer.  But beer makes me fat (ter) so I have mostly given it up.  Well I traded it for wine..which makes me less fatter.   But tonight I get to drink beer...as long as it's green.  YAY!!

I used to celebrate this fab day with big green parties... before-kids (BK)....green everything, loads of green beer..so so fun.  It was at one of these soirees that I met and fell in love with the hub...He was not wearing green, but I was sure he had on a "Kiss Me" pin....didn't he??? Well I did it anyway.  No more parties, but still it is one of my favorite days of the year!!!

Because:
The kids still have school ....ahhh
No on expects cards....
No gift wrapping until you can't stand up.....
No one expects gifts....
The meal prep is no elaborate deal..toss it in a pot with water...boom done....
You don't have to say what you are thankful for....
You don't have to search for that last missing hidden egg.... gross
You don't have to have the best date ever....
You don't have to stay up until midnight....
NOPE
You JUST GET TO eat salty, fatty meat and drink green BEER....EVEN if you are not Irish.
I LOVE Pat...

1 comment: